Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Happiness is Not Where You Seek It

This is a very fulfilling time as a blogger with loads of time on my hand and little work to be attended to. I have been spending much of the time doing nothing, reading books is one of those NOTHINGS that i do. I am reading a Book by Idries Shah the same author from whose earlier works i have posted one of the blogs. Here is another one of his stories which i found very appealing due to ( quite obviously ) circumstances with a lot of cribbing and wailing people around me ( i used to be one of them even now i guess i do indulge myself in some of that foolish fun ). This ones dedicated to all the bloggers who use blogging as a medium of expression of utter frustration and simple boredom.

So the story goes like this.....
Nasrudin saw a man sitting disconsolately at the way-side and asked what ailed him.
' There is nothing of interest in life, brother,' Said the man; ' I have sufficient capital not to have to work, and I am on this trip only in order to seek somthing more interesting than the life I have at home. So far I haven't found it.'
Without another word, Nasrudin seized the travellers's knapsack and made off down the road with it, running like a hare. Since he knew the area, he was able to out-distance him.
The road curved, and Nasrudin cut acros several loops, with the result that he was soon back on the road ahead of the man whom he had robbed. He put the bag by the side of the road and waited in concelament for the other to catch up.
Presently the miserable traveller appeared, following the tortuous road, more unhappy than ever because of his loss. As soon as he saw his property lying there , he ran towards it, shouting with joy.
'That's one way of producing happiness,'said Nasrudin.
There is much to be interpreted from this story but like the good old Mr. Shah i shall leave it to your judgement.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

:)

I like pushing myself. There is nothing like achieving a self-set goal.

Unknown said...

ok my friend .. i dont wanna sound too smart but did u really get that story i m sorry i am only challenging your interpretation .. but as the great mullah says all stories are open to all sorts of interpretations...
anyways if u enjoyed it then i m sure u've understood it ..
cheers

Unknown said...

Yeah, I enjoyed it.

I was just saying that looking for happiness is futile; you have to find it inside yourself.

And to find the happiness, you need to know what you really want, and set goals to achieve it. :)

Xorkes said...

Hey suneet.. Back to sufism? I'll give it a break :-)
how about adding some jackie chan sequences to the chase.. Ok ok.. Alright, now dont get furious :P

Unknown said...

hey xorkes why dont u rite a second draft of the chase with a chackie chan sequence .... u may as well add sum gravity difying stuff from Matrix too .....

Xorkes said...

Oh hello.. Get the spelling right ok.. Its jackie chan..
Arre ur better off with the action sequences man! U cant just ahem.. 'thopofy' it on me.. There's somethin called as pass it on- no returns.. Lol

CRD said...

woah! nice one. got to know abt ur blog thru ms mohandas [:P]

lovely inspiration for ppl whore laidback and think theres nothing left to life [:P]

well im pretty vela myself. but i have my blog to keep me busy, and a community too [:P]ill scrap u an invite

nice post man :)

Cheers
ChRiS

Anonymous said...

Last one..Im Embarrassed:)